Provider Opportunity List
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a Washington, DC–based national policy and advocacy organization dedicated to ensuring that all students, particularly those who are traditionally underserved, graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship. The Alliance focuses on America’s six million most at-risk secondary school students—those in the lowest achievement quartile—who are most likely to leave school without a diploma or to graduate unprepared for a productive future.
The Alliance works to encourage the development and implementation of federal and national policies that support effective high school reform and increased student achievement and attainment. It works to synthesize and distribute research and information about promising practices that enlightens the national debate about education policies and options. The Alliance provides sound, objective, nonpartisan advice that informs decisions about policy creation and implementation. Working with educators, researchers, business leaders, citizen groups, and decisionmakers at the local, state, and national levels, the Alliance develops federal policy recommendations and advocates to policymakers in the federal government.
Current Opportunities for Alliance for Excellent Education
Opportunity Type: Internship
Description: The intern will work closely with all members of the policy/advocacy staff in Alliance efforts and will:
- Assist staff by conducting legislative research, developing policy fact sheets, tracking federal legislation, and attending congressional hearings and briefings.
- Provide staff with support in research and analysis of various topics, organizations, and key players in the field.
- Assist in the development of case studies of promising practices in education.
- Attend conferences, briefings, and forums as a representative of the Alliance.
- Assist in the preparation of Alliance publications and events.
- Keep staff abreast of trends in education reform.
- Provide any other support to the president and staff as needed.
Alliance for Excellent Education
1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 901
Washington , DC 20036