Provider Opportunity List
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in New York City with offices in Washington, DC and Boston, Demos is a public policy organization working for an America where all have an equal say in our democracy and an equal chance in our economy. We move ideas powerful enough to improve the lives of everyday Americans through the full cycle of change. We champion over-the-horizon policy solutions, shift the narrative to clear the way for their acceptance, and advocate until they take effect. We use the right strategy for the right moment, whether it’s research or communications, supporting organizers or litigating. This commitment to the full cycle of change has resulted in real victories, such as landmark credit card reforms and nearly 2 million new voter registration applications from low-income citizens. Throughout all of our work, Demos is advocating not just for people, but for the very idea of the people—of one nation, united by a shared fate.
Current Opportunities for Demos
Opportunity Type: Internship
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Description: We’re seeking a highly organized, motivated individual with a strong passion for social justice to help support the goals and objectives of the Campaigns and Outreach Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting advocacy and legislative support letters and other materials, including talking points and op-eds;
- Research policy positions of elected officials and candidates;
- Research potential allies and partner organizations at the state and federal level on our core issues;
- Compile statistics from sources such as the US Census Bureau and secondary research materials;
- Attend coalition meetings;
- Track news coverage and events on our core issues;
- Other responsibilities, as requested.
220 Fifth Ave,. 2nd Flr.
New York, NY 10001