Provider Opportunity List
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create a just society by mobilizing the next generation of lawyers committed to equal justice. We provide leadership to ensure a sustainable pipeline of talented and trained lawyers are involved in public service. Equal Justice Works provides a continuum of programs that begin with incoming law school students and extend into later careers in the profession. We provide the nation’s leading public interest law fellowship program and offer more postgraduate, full-time legal positions in public service than any other organization.
Current Opportunities for Equal Justice Works
Opportunity Type: Fellowship
Application Deadline: June 01, 2019
Description: Each Fellow will work with a prominent non-profit organization selected by Equal Justice Works in one of six cities - Denver, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Oakland, Sacramento, and San Francisco - to provide high-quality, high volume legal services to immigrants in the host organization’s community seeking relief under the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) and expanded Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programs. Services may include but are not limited to:
- conducting outreach to underserved populations to locate individuals eligible for DAPA or DACA relief;
- providing direct legal representation to assist with DAPA and DACA applications;
- creating and conducting culturally competent “know your rights” sessions;
- training and managing pro bono attorneys to expand DAPA and DACA services;
- preparing written brochures and/or manuals on DAPA and DACA issues for widespread distribution; and
- collaborating with other legal and non-legal service providers in the community to share information and run trainings.
Equal Justice Works
1730 M St., NW, Ste. 1010
Washington , DC 20036-4511