When public education leaders commit to graduating more students with meaningful high school diplomas and college degrees, EDI helps themimplement their priority initiatives to get results and close gaps for good.
Our Vision & Mission
EDI’s vision is “to be the nation’s most effective organization in helping deliver world-class education outcomes for all students.”
Our mission is to partner with K-12 and higher education leaders with ambitious reform agendas and invest in their capacity to deliver results. By employing an approach known as delivery, a proven methodology for effective implementation in the public sector, we help leaders maintain the necessary focus to plan and drive reform.
EDI provides intensive on-the-ground support, data analytics, ongoing professional development, and a network through which organizations can collectively build their capacity. As a result of our work, we expect to increase the number of well-prepared students who graduate from high school, then enter and succeed in college. We emphasize actions to close the gaps that too often separate low-income students and students of color from others. Our success is based entirely on whether our partners achieve these aspirations.
In order to better support our partners and ensure we fulfill our vision and mission, we have set four organizational goals:
- EDI will develop networks of higher education practitioners, particularly leaders of higher education systems and campuses, who improve student outcomes by effectively using the delivery approach
- EDI will support K-12 state education systems to improve student outcomes by effectively and sustainably using the delivery approach
- EDI will be widely known as an expert resource of practical knowledge on how to implement large-scale education reforms to improve student outcomes
- EDI will maintain an organizational culture characterized by collaboration, continuous improvement, and a high standard for professional behavior
- EDI will build a healthy surplus of operating funds and exercise fiscal responsibility and consistently pursue additional funding
Current Opportunities for Education Delivery Institute
Opportunity Type: Internship
Application Deadline: December 31, 2017
Description: Position Summary The intern will work closely with EDI's program and operations teams to provide support to the K-12 and higher education engagement managers on implementation of the delivery approach with our partner systems. Responsibilities could include but are not limited to: -Updating the delivery curriculum and tools, based on lessons learned from staff and partners. -Collaborating with EDI engagement managers to document the delivery work occurring in the field, including successes, challenges, and artifacts of the delivery approach. -Supporting EDI engagement managers on project implementation with partners. -Researching relevant systems and national data and compiling briefings and presentations. -Supporting the office with general administrative needs such as typing notes from meetings and conferences and assembling, packing, and shipping presentation supplies. Responsibilities will be adapted to fit the specific interests and skills of the intern.
Application Process Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject heading of “Graduate Intern” OR “Undergraduate Intern” to the attention of Engagement Manager Tom DeWire at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31st.