Provider Opportunity List
Established as an official U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)institute in 1992, with programs dating back to 1946, the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) is a national leader in science education and research.
Fundamental to ORISE’s mission objectives are:
- research surrounding occupational hazards’ health risks
- environmental cleanup assessments
- radiation medical emergency response
- scientific peer reviews
- health communication and technical training
- national security and emergency preparedness, and
- the education of the next generation of scientists.
Current Opportunities for Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)
Opportunity Type: Fellowship
Description: Under the guidance and mentorship of the Deputy Director, the selected participant will provide research, writing and technical support to implement OMH’s policies, programs, and strategic priorities, which may include:
- Support the development and implementation of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act that address disparities and equity.
- Lead the implementation of the HHS Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. The Office of Minority Health is leading the charge to put the HHS Disparities Action Plan into practice.
- Coordinate the National Partnership for Action to End Health Disparities and the National Stakeholder Strategy for Achieving Health.
The participant will be involved in a wide range of research activities pertinent to the development and implementation of health policies, programs, and strategies that aim to eliminate health disparities and achieve health equity. As part of the research fellowship, the participant will gain knowledge of the federal government and experience in public health research and policy. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Researching and synthesizing information on topics such as promising practices for promoting health equity through systematic change, systematic approaches for assessing equity impacts of policies, and promising practices for reducing health disparities among racial and ethnic minority populations.
- Providing general research and technical support on a variety of topics related to health disparities. Developing policy briefs, reports and draft summaries of key points to promote the integration of equity in policies and programs.
- Gathering, analyzing, and reporting data describing policies, protocols, program data, and/or other evaluative information.
- Conducting literature reviews and environmental scans, helping plan national meetings and webinars, translating and disseminating research findings, disseminating program guidelines, and enhancing web content.
- Helping to develop program evaluation and other research protocols to address specific program and/or policy implementation or other research questions.
- Reviewing, writing and editing reports, press releases, talking points, speeches and other communications materials to promote various health equity related initiatives, projects, campaigns and activities.
- Attending meetings with other federal agencies and with stakeholders pertaining to programs, evaluation, data, and dissemination of information regarding health disparities and health equity.
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)
MC-100-32, P.O. Box 117
Oak Ridge, TN 37831